Breakthrough Augmented Reality startup seeking a Hardware Production Assembler to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a sharp eye for detail, excellent communication skills, and strong critical thinking/problem solving skills. As well as a self-manager, able to take direction from Mira leadership and translate that into an effective plan of action.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assembly of mechanical and basic electrical components using hand tools and power tools
• Build sub-assemblies and final assemblies using drawings, assembly instructions and BOMs
• Keep the manufacturing/assembly areas clean and organized
• Assist in parts inventory organization and management
Skills and Requirements:
• High School Diploma or Technical Degree/Certification (required
• Complete light electronic and/or mechanical work assembling plastics and soldering PCBs.
• Experience working with smaller assemblies and has more than one year of soldering experience.
• Prior work experience with electronic and mechanical assembly is required
• 2+ years of experience working with machinery within a lab or machine fabrication company
• Skilled in using hand tools and power tools to assemble units according to work instructions.
• Great communication skills (written and verbal)
• Able to read and understand basic process assembly instructions and drawings
• Experienced with Bill of Materials and able to identify all components specified
• Ability to properly and safely use basic shop tools such as a drill press and band saw.
• Prior experience using a multimeter
• Proficient soldering skills.
We are a mobile augmented reality company with a mission to enhance the way we interact with our technology and each other— starting in the workplace.Our minimalist, untethered AR headset works seamlessly with your smartphone to allow users to engage in AR applications without the traditionally high barriers to entry. Our robust software allows users to build custom checklists to ensure the highest compliance standards of safety and maintenance across any industry. With our Remote Expert and front facing camera, users can access partners and subject matter experts, live and hands free in their lenses. Until now your entire digital world has been constrained to screens; our Prism Pro headset removes those boundaries and brings your work to life. Our company was founded by Ben Taft, Matt Stern, Montana Reed, and Evan Bovie, of whom were students from the inaugural class of USC’s Jimmy Iovine and Andre Young Academy. We are backed by Sequoia Capital, Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff, global music artist and tech investor will.i.am, and more. Our headquarters are based in Los Angeles, California