At the core of Mira’s industry-leading industrial solutions is the Prism Pro AR headset, the first and only smartphone-powered augmented reality device that excels in both its functionality and simplicity.
As the Hardware Operations Manager at Mira, you will work alongside hardware engineering from ideation and prototyping through bring-up and ultimately mass production as the owner of the supply chain and production operations. You will run point on supply chain planning, from the individual components to the product box builds, and will be responsible for overseeing the successful production of Mira products across our distributed supply chain in North America and Asia. You will communicate with Sales and Customer Success teams to optimize logistics around product fulfilment and reverse logistics for Mira’s global set of customers. In addition to overseeing the operations, you will own hardware production timelines and the overall production P&L.
- Coming from experience managing a global supply chain of hardware vendors
- Well-versed in developing, working with, and managing commercial relationships with contract manufacturers (ODM/OEM) and material vendors in different geographic locations
- Able to focus on the big picture, while also a lover for the minute details
- An excellent communicator and comfortable working with cross-functional teams
- A true Problem Solver – Able to think holistically and present scenarios to solve the problem at hand.
- The single voice of the production program all the way through product delivery
- Able to operate effectively in ambiguity. Apply process where it creates value, and design process where it’s needed
- Understanding of what it means to work for an early-stage startup with a hardware product
- Willing to travel both domestically and internationally to be on-site with prospective and active vendors
- Accountable for Supplier performance and relationship management as well as pricing and contract negotiations
- Establish hardware business partnerships, managing costs negotiating contracts, and resolving all commercial related issues with hardware vendors and partners
- Leverage experience and engineering skills to solve problems, fill gaps and achieve objectives through a cross functional team.
- Ensure cross functional alignment: generating clarity, tracking towards production and delivery milestones and overall ensuring harmony between demand and production
- Establish and manage the RMA process across Mira’s different SKUs
- Work with internal Accounting and Finance & Strategy teams to manage the end-to-end cost management solution for hardware production
- 6+ years of industry experience
- An understanding of complex manufacturing and supply chain concepts from a business and engineering perspective
- Experience standing up an NPI production line with an ODM/OEM
- Have an in-depth grip of the product technical requirements, milestones, deliverables and interdependencies for establishing an accurate and effective project infrastructure.
- Scopes technical and business problems and processes by identifying key issues, inputs, stakeholders, and outcomes.
- Experience negotiating and executing master contracts and Statements of Work with vendors