Mira is seeking a Department of Defense Program Manager (DoDPM) to lead program execution.
The DoDPM is accountable for the overall cost, schedule, and performance of programs, reporting to internal and external stakeholders including the Milestone Decision Authorities. They exercise leadership, decision-making, and oversight throughout a program and a system’s life cycle. They act as the leader of the program, understand requirements, balance constraints, manage contractors, build support, and fully utilize their management skills to guide success with DoD initiatives.
They must also establish and implement a Systems Engineering approach to translate operational needs and capabilities into technically feasible, affordable, and operationally effective and suitable increments.
As the DoD Program Manager, you are the primary internal individual accountable for the execution work in Mira’s DoD portfolio.
You will work closely with military customers and end users of Mira products.
- Empathetic to the needs of military end-users who will perform missions with Mira technologies in the areas of maintenance and inspection, remote support, and audits
- Comfortable with, and capable of working within the established framework, managerial systems, and processes that provide funding and other decisions for the program to proceed;
- An organized planner ready to be entrusted with staffing and leadership demands necessary to harmonize our products with their end users;
- Understands the requirements, environmental factors, organizations, activities, constraints, risks, and motivations impacting the program;
- Coordinate the work of consultants, in-house engineers, support personnel, and others to meet objectives
- Builds endorsements for the program with Government stakeholders and monitor reactions and perceptions that help or impede progress
- Program Governance management including the development and maintenance of appropriate relationships with all external/internal customers, partners, and suppliers
- Facilitate the seamless flow of products and information design supplier relationships
- Interface with our stakeholders, partners, and suppliers on program specific issues, schedules, processes and activities
- Play a visible, vital, tactical and strategic role in the formulation and execution of the program’s specific plans and actions
- Provide direct support to Government end users through onboarding, training, and consultation services
- Assist with the development and support negotiations of new contracts and any amendments to current agreements
- Executive management reviews
- Must be a US Citizen
- Bachelor’s Degree (MS/MA or MBA preferred)
- Systems Engineering or certification / Product Management experience preferred
- At least 10 years of combined defense related Program Management, Research and Development, Operations and/or Supply Chain experience
- Experienced with military aircraft maintenance operations
- Veteran Hiring Preference
- Experience with AFWERX, NavalX, or AF Ventures preferred