At Mira, we strive to design the most simple and cost-effective hardware minimizing mechanical complexity and production lead times. As a Technical Project Manager, you will collaborate closely with the engineering, design, and sales teams to help manage the timelines, budgets, and process for the next generation of augmented reality hardware.
Our development flow is highly iterative and often requires low-volume production of prototypes for internal product testing. The production of these assemblies then often scales up to mass-manufacturing, with development being completed both domestically and overseas. You will be expected to manage both critical internal and external relationships and timelines to ensure on-time product delivery in accordance with the requests of our enterprise customers. The role is critical in coordinating our multi-disciplinary engineering teams to complete project deliverables on schedule and within budget.
The ideal candidate comes from an engineering background and is self-motivated in addition to carrying management experience— all while being passionate around process optimization and producing beautifully-designed product. We expect all Mira employees to be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
- Manage budgets, engineering workstreams, and timelines for multi-disciplinary product teams—both internal and external— in hardware product development projects
- Track day-to-day hardware engineering build activities to meet overall program objectives
- Maintain status of granular and higher-level timelines throughout a project’s lifecycle
- Enable project success by helping in scoping, planning and coordinating all project activities
- Manage and communicate the schedule, budget, project goals and deliverables to your project team and critical stakeholders throughout a product’s lifecycle
- Elevate project risk and issues to EPM leadership and help determine project adjustments as required
- Provide timely issue resolution and critical path management
Need to Have:
- 4+ years of technical program management experience
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Technical Project Management or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal skills, comfortable communicating with third-party vendors
- Past experience managing the budgets and timelines of multi-component development projects
- Ability to develop new techniques and processes necessary to optimize our engineering workflows
- Working understanding of high-volume manufacturing systems
- Excellent process development and detailed documentation skills
- Work collaboratively and constructively with team members
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment
Nice to Have:
- Exceptional engineering fundamentals and design intuition
- Experience developing AR or VR hardware technologies